Views: 4 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-12-28 Origin: Site
Hydrazine hydrate, also known as hydrazine hydrate, is an inorganic compound with a chemical formula of N2H4·H2O. It is a colorless, transparent fuming liquid with a light ammonia smell. It smokes in humid air and is strongly alkaline and hygroscopic. Hydrazine hydrate liquid exists in dimer form, miscible with water and ethanol, insoluble in ether and chloroform. It can corrode glass, rubber, leather, cork, etc., and decompose into N2, NH3 and H2 at high temperature.
Hydrazine hydrate has strong reducibility, and reacts violently with simple halogens, HNO3, KMnO4, etc., and can absorb CO2 in the air to produce smog. Hydrazine hydrate and its derivatives are widely used in many industrial applications, as reducing agent, antioxidant, in medicine, foaming agent, etc.
Hydrazine hydrate is a strong reducing agent, and it is a raw material for medicine, pesticide, dye, foaming agent, imaging agent and antioxidant.
1. Hydrazine hydrate is an important fine chemical raw material, mainly used to synthesize AC, D1PA, TSH and other foaming agents.
2. It is also used as a cleaning agent for deoxidation and carbon dioxide removal in boilers and reactors. Hydrazine hydrate is a deoxidizer that can reduce dissolved oxygen in water and is used to further remove residual trace dissolved oxygen after thermal deoxidation of boiler feed water. Because dissolved oxygen in the feed water can cause corrosion of the boiler tube wall. Adding hydrazine hydrate to boiler feed water can not only deoxidize, but also prevent the formation of iron scale and copper scale in the boiler.
3. Hydrazine hydrate is used in the pharmaceutical industry to produce preservatives.
4. In the pesticide industry, hydrazine hydrate is used in the production of herbicides, plant growth regulators and fungicides, insecticides and rodenticides.
5. Hydrazine hydrate can also be used to produce rocket fuel, diazo fuel, rubber additive, etc.
6. Hydrazine hydrate is widely used as a deoxidizer for large boiler water.
7. It is also used in the manufacture of high-purity metals, synthetic fibers and the separation of rare elements.
8. It is also used in the manufacture of rocket materials and explosives.
9. Hydrazine hydrate is also used as an analytical reagent.
Hydrazine hydrate is an efficient reducing agent, and the following products can be synthesized:
1. Foaming agent: azocarboxamide (such as sodium azide used in the production of inner tubes).
2. The synthesis of biologically active intermediates in agrochemical and pharmaceutical products requires the formation of triazoles first.
3. Azo initiator
4. Other miscellaneous products: certain specific organic pigment products for dyes, reagents for photography, urethane and acrylic products, and cyanobromic acid products.
1. Emergency treatment for leakage
Evacuate the personnel in the leaked contaminated area to a safe area, and prohibit irrelevant personnel from entering the contaminated area. It is recommended that emergency personnel wear self-contained breathing apparatus and chemical protective clothing. Do not touch the leakage directly, and stop the leakage under the condition of ensuring safety. Spray water to reduce evaporation. Use dry ice carbon dioxide fire extinguisher or mix with sand or other non-combustible adsorbents to absorb, then collect and transport to waste disposal site for disposal. It can also be washed with a large amount of water, and the diluted washing water can be put into the waste water system. If there is a large amount of leakage, use dikes to contain it, and then collect, transfer, recycle or discard it after harmless treatment.
2. Protective measures
Respiratory protection: When you may be exposed to its vapor or mist, you should wear a gas mask. When emergency rescue or escape, wear self-contained breathing apparatus.
Eye Protection: Wear chemical safety goggles.
Protective clothing: wear work clothes (made of anti-corrosion materials).
Hand Protection: Wear rubber gloves.
Others: After work, take a shower and change clothes. Store poison-contaminated clothing separately and wash before reuse. Pay attention to personal hygiene.
3. First aid measures
Skin contact: Immediately take off contaminated clothing, rinse thoroughly with running water immediately.
Eye contact: Immediately lift the eyelids and rinse with running water or saline for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical attention.
Inhalation: Quickly leave the scene to fresh air. Give oxygen if breathing is difficult. Once breathing stops, begin CPR immediately. Seek medical attention.
Ingestion: If swallowed by mistake, drink milk or egg white. Seek medical attention immediately.