Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-05-14 Origin:Site
Salicylic acid is a fat-soluble organic acid with the chemical formula C7H6O3. The appearance is a white crystalline powder with a melting point of 158~161°C. It exists in natural willow bark, white bead leaves and sweet birch. It is an important fine chemical raw material and can be used for the preparation of aspirin and other drugs.
Stable at room temperature. It can be decomposed into phenol and carbon dioxide when heated rapidly. Has the generality of part of the acid. This product stimulates the skin and mucous membranes, and has a corrosive effect because it can react with the proteins in the body tissues. Can make the cornea proliferate and peel off. Its toxicity is weaker than phenol, but large amounts can cause vomiting, diarrhea, headache, sweating, skin rash, shortness of breath, acidosis and excitement. Its aqueous solution is acidic. Has antipyretic and analgesic effects. Used as food preservatives, dye disinfectants, medicines, etc. The oral LD50 of mice is 0.48～1.65g/kg, the intravenous minimum lethal dose is 60mg/kg; the oral LD50 of rats is 1.5～2.0g/kg; it has a moderate irritation effect, and the toxicity of the skin and mouth is low. The adult lethal dose is estimated to be about 5 to 15g, and some people think that it is 20 to 30g. The blood concentration of 55-85% can cause mild poisoning, 80-110mg% is moderately poisoned, 125-145mg% is severely poisoned, and 160-180mg% can cause poisoning and death.
Function and purpose：
1. Standards for alkalimetry and iodometric titration. Fluorescent indicator, complex indicator.
2. This product is used as an anti-scorch agent in the rubber industry and in the production of ultraviolet absorbers and foaming agents.
3. Used as a coordination indicator and masking agent. Color developer and preservative for titanium, zirconium, and tungsten plasma.
4. Salicylic acid is used as an additive in some weakly acidic electrolytes, and can also be used as a complexing agent for electroplating or electroless plating.
5. Cosmetic preservatives. Mainly used in toilet water, prickly heat water, quinine head water and other water cosmetics. In addition to antiseptic and bactericidal effects, it also has the functions of eliminating sweat, relieving itching and swelling, relieving pain and inflammation.
6. It is mainly used as a raw material in the pharmaceutical industry for the preparation of aspirin, sodium salicylate, salicylamide, analgesics, phenyl salicylate, schistosomiasis-67 and other drugs. In the dye industry, it is used to prepare mordant pure yellow, direct brown 3GN, acid chrome yellow, etc. It is also used as a rubber vulcanization retarder and disinfectant and antiseptic.
7. Used as an accelerator for epoxy resin curing, and also as a preservative. It can be used to prepare synthetic fragrances such as methyl salicylate and ethyl salicylate. The dye industry is used as a raw material for the preparation of direct dyes and acid dyes. It can also be used as rubber antiscorching agent, disinfectant, etc.
8. A small amount is used to formulate animal flavors and other daily flavors. Used in small amounts in food, it acts as a preservative. It is an important raw material for the pharmaceutical industry.