Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-05-31 Origin:Site
Sodium alcohol is a kind of organic matter, chemical formula is C₂H₅ONa, molecular weight is 68.05. White or slightly yellow hygroscopic powder, easy to decompose in the air, easy to turn black in storage. Soluble in anhydrous ethanol and does not decompose. Sodium ethanol is flammable and corrosive.
Physical and chemical properties: Appearance properties: white or slightly yellow hygroscopic powder. Sensitive to light. The dew decomposes in the air. Long storage color darkened. Flammable.
Solubility: soluble in anhydrous ethanol, insoluble in benzene
1. It is mainly used in pharmaceutical and pesticide industry;
2. used as a strong alkaline catalyst, ethoxylation agent and as a flocculant and reducing agent for organic synthesis, pharmaceutical synthesis;
3. the application of sodium alcohol pharmaceutical products are phenbital, butazone, primidone, methyl dopa, tetracaine hydrochloride, isoxazine, methotrexate, pyrimidine, pifurampicillin and so on. In addition, it is also used for pesticides and analytical reagents.
4. used as a strong base catalyst, ethoxy and as a flocculant and reducing agent in organic synthesis. The pharmaceutical products of sodium ethanol are phenobitone, butazone, primidone, methyl dopa, tetracaine hydrochloride, isoxazine, methotrexate, pyrimidine, pifurampicillin and so on. In addition, it is also used for pesticides and analytical reagents. Mainly used in pharmaceutical and pesticide industry. Used as strong alkaline catalyst, ethoxylation agent and as a reducing agent for organic synthesis, pharmaceutical synthesis, etc.
The preparation methods
1. benzene, ethanol, water ternary azeotropic method: the solid sodium hydroxide is dissolved in ethanol and pure benzene solution (or cyclohexane and ethanol solution), heating reflux, through the tower reactor continuous reaction dehydration, so that the total amount of alkali and free alkali up to the standard. A ternary azeotropic mixture of benzene, ethanol and water is evaporated at the top of the tower, and an ethanol solution of sodium ethanol is obtained at the bottom of the tower.
2. metal sodium method: by the action of metal sodium and anhydrous ethanol evaporation ethanol system.
1. Seal, cool, dry and sheltered;
2. with iron drums sealed packaging, each 200kg or 160kg. Storage and transportation to fire, waterproof, moisture-proof. Storage and transportation according to the regulations of flammable and toxic chemicals